5/21/2009

Inaugural Entry

This blog is my attempt at adding a useful contribution to the internet. After the slow but inevitable downfall of my community of livejournal friends I have needed somewhere else to post my thoughts. I find facebook too informal and frankly a mess, and although I have come around on twitter it's a completely different beast. I intend for this blog to be a little less personal that livejournal was but hopefully more interesting to people not me.

My original impetus for finally getting a blog (if you don't count me claiming this domain name in 2003) was because I enjoy posting my book reviews on GoodReads. However my circle on GR is fairly small, and I find that most people just give a list of everything they've read with a ranking without an actual review. I also don't want people to have to 'join' yet another social networking site to read what I write. Additionally I often want to review other media than just books.

Thus I intend for this blog to be somewhat of an 'AV Club: Louis Edition.' Possibly added will be posts relating to bicycles, food or science; other things that I spend a fair amount of time with besides the aforementioned media.

No comments:

Post a Comment